Pumpkin patches will be popping up at area churches and other locations this fall in St. Augustine and St. Johns County. Here’s a list to start out the 2018 fall season. To submit pumpkin patch or fall festival information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church
- October 4-Until the pumpkins are gone: First United Methodist Church, 118 King St., offers pumpkins of all sizes, available this month in downtown St. Augustine. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Prices range from 50 cents to $35. Call 904-829-3459.
Rype & Readi Farm Market
- September and October: Pumpkins, squash and gourds of all shapes and sizes are available at Rype and Readi, 115 La Quinta Place, off Riberia St., in downtown St. Augustine. Heirloom pumpkin varieties, baking pumpkins and squash, ornamental gourds, and carving pumpkins are on site. Call 904-429-3070, go to www.rypeandreadi.com, or stay updated on facebook.
River of Life United Methodist Church
- Sept. 26-Oct. 31: The pumpkins have arrived at River of Life United Methodist Church, 2600 Race Track Road, in the Julington Creek area. A portion of proceeds from pumpkin patch sales benefit the Florida United Methodist Children’s Home and other ministries in the church each year. The patch is open from 10 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays. Call 904-230-2955 or go to www.rolumc.com
Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Oct. 2-31: The patch is open at Our Lady of Good Counsel, 5950 State Road 16. Hours are 2-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. Thousands of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes will share the patch with free hayrides and photo ops. Proceeds benefit the church’s ministries. Call 904-295-9199, email email@example.com, go to olgc-church.org
Shores United Methodist Church
- The pumpkins will arrive Oct. 7 at Shores United Methodist Church, 724 Shores Blvd. Pumpkin prices vary depending on size of the pumpkin. Patch hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sundays, with weekdays hours from 2 to 7 p.m. A Fall Festival will be held from 3-5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 with children’s games, a bounce house, food, live music and free fun. Call 904-797-4416 or go to www.shoresumc.org.
Corn Maze & More
Oct. 6-Nov. 4: Nine acres of a local farm becomes Sykes & Cooper Corn Maze each year — with live music, the maze, games such as a corn cannon, live animals and more at 5995 Brough Road in Elkton, just off State Road 207. Hours are 5 to 10 p.m. Fridays; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $10 for ages 3 to 64; $7 for seniors and military with ID; and free for ages 2 and younger. Admission is CASH ONLY. Live music will be offered from 7 to 10 p.m. on certain Saturday nights. Go to www.sycofarms.com for more details.