From EPIC Behavioral HealthcareÂ
The 19th annualÂ UBS A Taste of St. Augustine will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 25 at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340 A1A South, St. Augustine.
Having trouble deciding where to go for dinner when in St. Augustine?Â Love to try a variety of culinary dishes while listening to great live music? How about trying the pulled pork and brisket sliders from Bonez Smokehouse? Or sample the Pacific Rim ahi tuna from Coquina Beach Surf Club. See the list of restaurants and dishes each will serve below.
A Taste of St. Augustine has grown to be the cityâ€™s premiere outdoor food festival, conveniently located at the Amphitheatre. This signature food festival serves up exciting â€œtastesâ€ from over 25 of St. Augustineâ€™s famous restaurants.
Restaurants will compete for the prestigious TOStA (Taste of St. Augustine) awards, with categories including Best Family Dining, Best Ethnic, Best Upscale, Best Beverage and Best Dessert, as well as the ever popular Peopleâ€™s Choice, where YOU can vote for your favorite!
As in years past, this event includes an accompanying music festival designed to showcase great music to enjoy along with the culinary fare. This year, The Red River Band and Big Engine will perform.
Also included is a free Childrenâ€™s Activity Area where children will enjoy crafts and other fun activities.
The Race to the Taste 5K is on the schedule again, with a new theme and time. Rock, Race & Taste will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Amphitheatre,Â with the course going through Anastasia State Park and surrounding neighborhoods.
The Race to the Taste is the only 5K in St. Augustine tied to an extraordinary culinary event and registered runners receive 2 free admissions into the Taste.
This year, runners are encouraged to dress up in their best rock star garb! For more information on the Race, go to www.racetothetaste.org.
Admission to A Taste of St. Augustine is $5, will children under 11 admitted for free. Food and beverage tickets cost $1, with most â€œtastesâ€ somewhere between 2-5 tickets. Parking is free on site.
All Taste patrons can use their tickets to receive discounts at local attractions.
Proceeds from both the Taste and the Race will benefit EPIC Behavioral Healthcare, serving St. Johns County families for over 40 years. Call 90-829-3295 or go to www.epicbh.org for more information. Updates also are posted on facebook: www.facebook.com/ATasteOfStAugustine
- 12 to 2 p.m. The Red River Band
- 2 to 4 p.m. Big Engine
- Aviles Restaurant â€” Asian Inspired Chicken & Waffles, Mojitos
- Barnacle Bills â€” Smokin Fish Dip
- Black & Blue Grill â€” Stuffed Mushrooms, Chicken Wings, Steak Tacos
- Bonez Smokehouse â€” Pulled Pork & Brisket Sliders, Cilantro Lime Coleslaw, BBQ Beans’
- Casa Maria Mexicanâ€” Steak Tacos, Chips & Salsa, Churros
- Coquina Beach Surf Club â€” Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna
- Creekside Dinery â€” Crab Bisque
- Falafel Queen â€” Tabouli, Hummus, Falafel, Grape Leaves, Baklava
- Hong Kong CafÃ© Kimchi, Sesame Chicken, Gator Meat, Chili Sauce, Opuntie Jam
- The Hyppo â€” All Natural Gourmet Pops
- La Cocina International â€” Top neck clams w/lump crab and pearl scallops topped with scallion cream sauce on a bed of roasted pepper mashed potatoes, lobster bisque shots
- La Floridita of The Floridian â€” Mini Arepa bites w/mojo pork, black beans & avocado crema
- Luli’s Cupcakes
- Papa Johns Pizza
- The Raintree â€” Lobster Bisque, White Sangria
- Red Frog & McToads â€” Bourbon glazed baby back rips, bourbon glazed chicken bombers, bourbon baked beans
- Salt Life Food Shack â€” Poke Bowl, Grilled Oysters, Crunch Roll
- Saltwater Cowboys â€” Lump Crabcakes
- Scarlett O’Hara’s â€” Pork Sliders, Mini Burgers
- South Beach Grill â€” Ahi Shrimp Tacos
- The Reef â€” Datil Shrimp and Grits
- Toucan Tina Snack Bar â€” Cuban Sandwich
- Villagio/Renaissance Hotel â€” Pork Tenderloin w/strawberry Balsamic
- Bold City Brewery â€” Craft Beers
- Growers Alliance CafÃ© & Bakery â€” Coffee, Pastries
- San Sebastian Winery â€” Wine
- Starbucks â€” Teas, Ice Coffee, Frappucinos