The hot little â€˜datil pepperâ€™ is a great inspiration for recipe contest aficionados to enter either a Sweet or Savory RECIPE in Hot Shot Bakeryâ€™s Chocolate Heat recipe contest. For 30 years, Sherry Stoppelbein has been feeding St. Augustine, Florida ~ with a restaurant, bakery and an award-winning hot sauce company. Her chocolate covered datil pepper contest is the inspiration for her 2016 Chocolate Heat national competition.
One winning recipe will win a 3-night vacation at the historic Casa de Suenos Bed & Breakfast), plus take home a yummy collection of Hot Shot Bakeryâ€™s datil sauces, jams, mustards and jellies. (Mango Dipping Sauce, Nolby’s Hot Mustard, Sloppy good BBQ Sauce, Datil Pear Relish, Datil Citrus Jam and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Degree Burn Hot Sauce.
The Grand Prize Winner Receives:
- 3-night stay at the beautiful, historic Casa de Suenos Bed & Breakfast (Sunday thru Thursday excluding holiday periods). All Inn amenities including breakfast and afternoon social hour with homemade refreshments. www.casadesuenos.com
- Lunch for Two at Hot Shot Bakery
- Afternoon Desserts and Coffee at Hot Shot Bakery
- Two tickets to St. Augustine Lighthouse
- 3-day Trolley Pass for 2 aboard Old Town Trolley Tours www.TrolleyTours.com
- An assorted case of Datil B Good Jams, Condiments and Hot Sauce
- The prize-winning recipe will be incorporated into one of the restaurantâ€™s menus!Official Rules:Â Send Chocolate Heat Recipe via email to Leigh Cort Publicity ~ firstname.lastname@example.org Â by Aug. 30, 2016.Include:
- Full Recipe & NAME OF RECIPE
- Recipes MUST INCLUDE chocolate and hot peppers or hot sauce
- A brief story about the recipe, not to exceed 100 words
- Name, address, telephone # and email (No previously published recipes will be considered).
- All ingredients and preparation instructions.
- A photo of the dish
All submitted recipes become the property of HOT SHOT BAKERY and will not be returned.
Judging: Entries will be judged by Chef Sherry Stoppelbein.
Who can enter:Â Â Entrants must be 18 or over. There are no substitutions or transfer of prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. By acceptance of prizes, winners consent to use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without further compensation. Winner will be notified by Sept.15, 2016.