Easy Season on Florida’s Historic Coast! August and September are a relatively slow time of year for tourism, but a great time for St. Johns County residents. Easy Season is the best time for locals to invite their families to come for a visit because of the lower rates for accommodations. And during these months, local attractions, museums and tours offer free or discounted admission to residents, encouraging locals to be a “tourist” in their own back yard.
The best part of Easy Season is the free Sing Out Loud Music Festival September 1 – 23. The Sing Out Loud Music Festival returns for four weekends this September. Hundreds of performances will take place at in the greater St. Augustine area and Ponte Vedra Beach in an epic celebration of local, regional and national singers, songwriters and musicians.
Deals for St. Johns County Residents in September (must show ID):
- Free admission on Old Town Trolley Tours
- Free admission St. Augustine History Museum
- Free admission Authentic Old Jail
- Free admission Potter’s Wax Museum
- Free admission Oldest Store Museum Experience
- 50% off admission at Bayfont Mini Golf, Ripley’s Red Train Tours, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, and the Ghost Train Adventure.
- Free admission to Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse
- Free admission to the TPC Clubhouse Tour
- Free admission to the Flagler College Legacy Tour
- Free admission to the Ximenez-Fatio House Museum,
- Free admission to the Oldest House Museum
- Free Tours of the San Sebastian Winery and St. Augustine Distillery
- Free admission at Fort Matanzas including the Ferry ride
- Free admission to the Pena Peck House
- Free tours aboard Florida Water Tours (September 17 – 30)
Easy Season is also the perfect time for locals to enjoy their favorite restaurants, soak in the stunning views from oceanfront patios at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, discover arts and culture and play in the surf on Florida’s Historic Coast.