EMMA’s 41st season kicks off with Neil Berg on September 21
EMMA Concert Association is pleased to announce the schedule for the EMMA Concert Series’ 41st season in the Oldest City. EMMA is a nonprofit, all volunteer organization that features high-quality music and dance performances throughout the year at Flagler College’s Lewis Auditorium. From the Gainesville Orchestra to Dance Alive National Ballet, EMMA offers a bit of something for everyone ages nine to 99 and beyond.
The organization’s original name was Emil Maestre Music Association. Started in 1979 by a small group of music lovers, among them Frieda Bringmann and Irene and Peter Allemano, the organization was named after famous Spanish cellist, Emil Maestre, who retired to St. Augustine.
EMMA was incorporated in September of the same year. Since then, EMMA has committed to 41 years of offering quality music and dance performances.
The 2019-2020 Season lineup is as follows:
- Sat., September 21, 2019 (7:30-10pm) Neil Berg’s — 50 Years of Rock and Roll
- Sun., October 6, 2019 (3-5:30pm) Hollywood Concert Orchestra “Night at the Oscars”
- Wed., December 18, 2019 (7:30-10pm) Holiday Pops with Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
- Sat., January 25, 2020 (7:30-10pm) Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Sat., February 8, 2020 (7:30-10pm) Russian State Symphony Orchestra
- Sat., March 14, 2020 (7:30-10pm) Dance Alive National Ballet “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- Sat., April 11, 2020 (7:30-10pm) Gainesville Orchestra
Concerts are held at Flagler College’s Lewis Auditorium, 14 Granada Street in downtown St. Augustine. Single tickets will go on sale on Monday, July 15 and range from $5 for child and student tickets (must present school ID) to $40 for adults. Tickets can be purchased at emmaconcerts.com, by phone 904-797-2800, or by email EMMAinfo@bellsouth.net