Update:Â Shuttle service will be available from the St. Augustine Beach City Hall parking lot to the Music by the Sea Concerts starting each Wednesday. ThereÂ isÂ room for about 75 cars. The shuttle will run from 5:30 to 10 p.m.Â and The Civic Association asking for a $1 donation for each adult rider; childrenÂ ride free with a parent or guardian.Â
By RENEE UNSWORTH
Summer concerts are back at St. Augustine Beach.Â Live music will be staged from 7 to 9 p.m.Â each Wednesday through Sept. 24Â at the St. Augustine Beach Pier pavilion,350 A1A Beach Blvd.
Hosted by the St. Augustine Beach Civic Association,Â 21Â bands and eateries will be featuredÂ this year.Â At 6 p.m. each week, a local restaurant will offer meals for $10 or less before each concert. Frozen desserts will be available each week from Sister Shack Italian Ice.
Three themed nights are new this year. On Â June 11,Â BBQ & Blues will feature the David Gerald Blues Band and food from Tailgater Toby & Smoked & Stoked BBQ.
Parrot Head Night on July 30 will feature Jimmy Parrish & The Ocean Waves with food from Mango Mangos. This event will celebrate the music of the beach and musical influences such as Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley.
Tie Dye Hippie Night on Sept. 24Â will highlight the band Phoenix, with food from Sunset Grille. Concertgoers are encouraged to wear tie dye apparel and bell bottoms. There willll be prizes for the best costume.
Guests are invited to bring chairs and towels for seating. Free admission and parking. See the full concert list at thecivicassociation.org.
Â CONCERT SCHEDULE
- May 14: Outta Sight Band/ rock and roll/ Wild Flower Cafe
- May 21: Sam Rodriguez/ Jazz & Motown/ Amici Italian Restaurant
- May 28: Those Guys/Classic R&R/ South Beach Grill
- June 4: Rob Peck & Friends/Jazz/ Caribbean Soul
- June 11: The David Gerald Blues Band/ Tailgate Toby BBQ
- June 18: The Committee/ pop rock/ La Strada
- June 25: Amy Alysia & The Soul Operation/ Motown/ Napoliâ€™s
- July 2: Ainâ€™t 2 Proud 2 Beg/ classic rock/ Mojo’s Tacos
- July 9: Steam the Band/ rock and rock/ Purple Olive
- July 16: Smokin Mirrors/ classic rock/ Seafood Kitchen
- July 23: Oh No!/ classic rock/ Red Frog & McToadâ€™s
- July 30: Jimmy Parrish & the Ocean Waves/ beach music/ Mango Mangoâ€™s
- Aug. 6: The Falling Bones/ classic rock/ Zahariaâ€™s
- Aug. 13: Grapes of Roth/ classic rock/ Salt Life Food Shack
- Aug. 20: Big Lonesome/ classic rock/ Panama Hatties
- Aug. 27: Billy Buchanan & The Free Avenue Band/ soul, pop, rock/ Gypsy Cab
- Sept. 3: Mid Life Crisis/ classic rock/ CafÃ© Atlantico
- Sept. 10: Go Get Gone/ rockabilly, swing, rock/ Sea Oats Caffe
- Sept. 17: Navy Pride band/ rock & pop/ Coquina Beach Surf Club
- Sept. 24: Phoenix/ classic rock/ Sunset Grille