Junie B. Jones, The Musical – a delightful adaptation of Barbara Park’s best-selling books, brought to life in a genuinely comical (and not strictly-for-kids) musical.
Limelight Theatre in St. Augustine will stage this show for families and children of all ages. Performances are 2 p.m. Saturdays – Oct. 1, Oct. 8, Oct. 15, Oct. 22. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for children. Pick your favorite seats at limelight-theatre.org or call the box office at 904-825-1164.
Junie B. Jones is the perfect way for parents, grandparents, caretakers to introduce theatre to children! Theatre for Young Audience shows are family-friendly, educational musicals with limited cast sizes and abbreviated running times. Junie B. Jones at Limelight Theatre is only 1 hour, with fun songs and popular storybook characters.
Talented St. Augustine adults and teen actors have been cast in the roles of popular Junie B. Jones characters. Ashley Jones plays Junie B. Jones; Madi Mackplays Lucille; Isaiah Balzar is Herb and Chenille; Ella Romaineplays May; Craig Wicklessplays Sheldon, Camille, and Lenni; Kyler Unsworth is Bobbi Jean Piper and Jose; James Desmondplays Mr. Scary, Daddy, and Mrs. Gutzman; and Yolanda Olmstead is the Mother.
It’s Junie B.’s first day of first grade, and a lot of things have changed for her: Junie’s friend, Lucille, doesn’t want to be her best pal anymore and, on the bus, Junie B. makes friends with Herb, the new kid at school.
Also, Junie has trouble reading the blackboard and her teacher, Mr. Scary, thinks she may need glasses. Throw in a friendly cafeteria lady, a kickball tournament and a “Top-Secret Personal Beeswax Journal,” and first grade has never been more exciting.
- 2 p.m. Saturdays – October 1, October 8, October 15, and October 22
- Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Ave., St. Augustine
- $15 for adults
- $10 for children
- Online tickets: limelight-theatre.org or web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/
- Junie B. Jones … Ashley Jones
- Lucille … Madi Mack
- Herb/Chenille … Isaiah Balzar
- May … Ella Romaine
- Sheldon/Camille/Lenni … Craig Wickless
- Bobbi Jean Piper/Jose … Kyler Unsworth
- Scary/Daddy/Mrs. Gutzman … James Desmond
- Mother … Yolanda Olmstead
- Director: Rylee Kuberra
- Musical Director: Kim Taisey
- Assistant Director and Stage Manager: Jade Alexandra Unice
- Choreographer: Izabella Noelle Unice