The Pilot Club of St. Augustine initiated four members at its Jan. 21 meeting, with Debbie Thompson, North Central Florida lieutenant governor, conducting the ceremonies.
Welcomed into membership were CeCe Reigle, Tadzia Alexander, Jennifer Birge and Faith Tiberio.
The Pilot Club of St. Augustine is a service organization established in the oldest city in 1936. Its projects range from placement of the War Memorial in the Plaza de la Constitucion to support of youth programs including 4-H and Â establishment of an Anchor Club at St. Joseph Academy.
A second highlight of the meeting at Le Pavillon was a report by Rene Naughton, a past governor of the Florida District of Pilot and the club’s princess representative at the district’s fall council session in Ocala.
A current project of the club is the sale of caladiums. The bulbs will be available for pick-up from 9 a.m. to noon March 14 at Watson Realty, U.S. 1 South. Bulbs are available in the colors of red, pink and white. Donation is $10 for 12; $20 for 25; $35 for 50; and $65 for 100.
To place orders call 824-2486; 471-2246; 692-2663; or 806-6000.
Also available March 14 will be fresh-from-the-field cabbage for a donation of $1 per head with proceeds going to the Donnie Heymen scholarship, awarded yearly to a carpentry student at First Coast Technical College.
For information on membership in Pilot call Kay Burtin, membership chairman, at 824-2486.