From Leigh Cort Publicity
St. Augustine, FL â€” Sherry Stoppelbeinâ€™s line of Datil B Good hot sauces, jams, jellies, pickles, relish, salsa and BBQ glaze usually make the coveted lists of â€œUltimate Southern Food Guidesâ€™ with their fresh sweet heat zing.
The hot little datil pepper is a great inspiration for recipe contest aficionados to enter a favorite Apple recipe in the â€œI Love Apples + Datil Peppersâ€ recipe contest. The winter season is a perfect time to get creative while combining apples + datil peppers on your menu.
When you enter Hot Shot Bakeryâ€™s recipe contest, the Top 10 finalist recipes for â€œI Love Apples + Datil Peppersâ€ will be invited to join Sherry Stoppelbein on Saturday, April 18 at the Hot Shot Bakery, 8 Granada St., in historic St. Augustine.
The creative recipes will be sampled and judged by regional foodie judges. Recipe can include cakes, crisps, crumbles, cookies, sandwiches, entrees, compotes, condiments. No apple pies, please.
Win a St. Augustine Vacation:
One “best” recipe will win a getaway at the historic St. Francis Inn (circa 1792), plus take home a yummy collection of Hot Shot Bakeryâ€™s datil sauces, jams, mustards and jellies. (Mango Dipping Sauce, Nolby’s Hot Mustard, Sloppy good BBQ Sauce, Datil Pear Relish, Datil Citrus Jam and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Degree Burn Hot Sauce.
The St. Francis Inn (Circa 1791)
The Grand Prize Winner Receives:
- Overnight stay for two at the beautiful, historic St. Francis Inn (Sunday thru Thursday excluding holiday periods). All Inn amenities including breakfast and afternoon social hour with homemade refreshments. www.StFrancisInn.com
- Sumptuous breakfast buffet for two at the St. Francis Inn
- Complimentary bicycles for two to tour St. Augustine
- Evening desserts at the St. Francis Inn for two
- Lunch for two at Hot Shot Bakery
- An assorted case of Datil B Good Jams, Condiments and Hot Sauce
- The prize-winning recipe will be incorporated into one of the restaurantâ€™s menus!
Official Rules:Â Send â€œI Love Apples + Datil Peppersâ€ recipe via email to Leigh Cort Publicity at email@example.com Â by April 1, 2015.
- Recipe & NAME OF RECIPE (no apple pie, please)
- A brief story about the recipe, not to exceed 100 words
- Name, address, telephone # and email (No previously published recipes will be considered).
- All ingredients and preparation instructions.
- A photo of the dish
Judging: Top 10 Finalists will bring their ready to sample dish to Hot Shot Bakery on April 18, 2015 at 12 p.m. for tasting competition. Judges include: Nancy White, Food Journalist, Allie Olsen, SimplyStAugustine.com, Monica Stouder, food photographer/journalist; and Renee Unsworth, totallystaugustine.com
Who can enter:Â Entrants must be 18 or over. There are no substitutions or transfer of prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. By acceptance of prizes, winners consent to use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without further compensation. Finalists will be notified by April 3, 2015.
Note: For 25 years, Sherry Stoppelbein has been growing datil peppers that only thrive in St. Augustine where the climate, soil and humidity are perfect for each yearâ€™s crop. Her Hot Shot Bakery is one of St. Augustineâ€™s favorite restaurants for breakfast & lunch where many dishes are prepared or garnished with Datil B Good condiments and sauces.
Hot Shot Bakery and CafÃ©