From Totally St. Augustine
The Original Wailers returned to St. Augustine on March 25, 2015 at Cafe Eleven in St. Augustine Beach. The band performed in May 2013 at The Standard, a venue on Anastasia Boulevard that has since closed.
Thanks to St. Augustine photographer Jana Vallone for photographing the group at Cafe Eleven. Find out more about her work at www.facebook.com/LoveCountryPhotography
Guitarist Al Anderson leads the reggae band, a guitarist who worked with Bob Marley on hit songs such as â€œNo Woman, No Cry,â€ â€œDem Belly Fullâ€ and â€œCurfew.â€ He toured with Marley from 1975 through 1980. He also has worked with Peter Tosh, Black Uhuru, Lauryn Hill, Ben Harper, The Centurions, Traffic and UB40. His brother, Mel Anderson, was the first guitarist for Twister Sister (1973-75).
Other Original Wailers band members include Steve Samuels, Paapa Nyarkon, Erica Newell, Desi Hyson and Marty Batista.
See the list of spring concerts below and find out more details at www.originalcafe11.com.Â Cafe Eleven is located at 501 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach. Call 904-460-9311.
- March 27: Zora Young (headliner), Little Mike & The Tornadoes and Jim Essery ($15 in advance)
- March 31: Swampcandy with Love Chuck and Sea Floor Explosives ($7 in advance)
- April 10: Caravan of Thieves ($18 in advance)
- April 12: California Guitar Trio + Montreal Guitar Trio ($22 in advance)
- April 19: Sidereal with Bumpin Uglies & Root of All ($10 in advance)