Pumpkin patches are popping up at area churches and other locations this fall in St. Augustine and St. Johns County. Here’s a list to start out the 2019 fall season. To submit pumpkin patch or fall festival information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church
- October 3-Until the pumpkins are gone: First United Methodist Church, 118 King St., offers pumpkins of all sizes, available this month in downtown St. Augustine. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Prices range from 50 cents to $35. Call 904-829-3459.
River of Life United Methodist Church
- Oct. 1-31: The pumpkins arrive on Oct. 1 at River of Life United Methodist Church, 2600 Race Track Road, in the Julington Creek area. A portion of proceeds from pumpkin patch sales benefit the Florida United Methodist Children’s Home and other ministries in the church each year. The patch is open from 10 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays; and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays. Call 904-230-2955 or go to www.rolumc.com
Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Oct. 13-30: The patch opens Oct. 13 at Our Lady of Good Counsel, 5950 State Road 16. Hours are 2-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. Thousands of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes. A Fall Festival is set for Oct. 20 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with hayrides, games and inflatables, Filipino and festival food, a car show, a sports tent, a country store and entertainment. Proceeds benefit the church’s ministries. Call 904-295-9199, email email@example.com, go to olgc-church.org
Shores United Methodist Church
- Oct. 5-30: The pumpkins will arrive Oct. 5 at Shores United Methodist Church, 724 Shores Blvd. Pumpkin prices vary depending on size of the pumpkin. Patch hours are 12 to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sundays, with weekdays hours from 2 to 7 p.m. Call 904-797-4416 or go to www.shoresumc.org.
- Fall Festival – The Annual Fall Festival is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 3 to 5 p.m. with free food, face painting, games, hayrides and more for the entire family to enjoy! The festival is held on the main campus with plenty of free parking.
- Trunk or Treat: On Thursday, Oct. 31 – Halloween night, there will be a free Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot from 5 to 7 p.m. This is a fun safe place to bring children for trick and treating.
Corn Maze & More
Oct. 5-27: Nine acres of a local farm becomes THE MAZE at Sykes Family Farm each year — with live music, the maze, games such as a corn cannon, live animals and more at 5995 Brough Road in Elkton, just off State Road 207. Hours are 5 to 10 p.m. Fridays; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $13 for ages 3 to 64; $11 for seniors and military with ID; and free for ages 2 and younger. Go to www.sycofarms.com for more details.