Did you know that St. Johns County residents with a valid ID are always admitted FREEÂ of charge to SEVENÂ local attractions? In addition, residents and visitors receive FREEÂ admission to DOZENS ofÂ other sights, including city and county parks, art galleries, winery and distillery tours, and more. Also FREE to everyone, summer concerts and movies!
Here is the listÂ …
Free for residents with ID
- TheÂ Oldest House (St. Augustine Historical Society), 14 Francis St.,Â www.staugustinehistoricalsociety.org
- Lightner Museum, 75 King St.,Â 904-824-2874,Â www.lightnermuseum.org
- Ximenez-Fatio House,Â 20 Aviles St., 904-829-3575,Â www.ximenezfatiohouse.orgÂ
- Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse,Â 14 Saint George St., 904-824-0192,Â www.oldestwoodenschoolhouse.com
- City Walks tours, part of Tour St. Augustine, (select tours are free â€”Â Black History & Civil Rights tour, Pet Walk Pup Crawl and Plaza Stroll Walking Tour), 4 Granada St., 904-825-0087,Â www.staugcitywalks.com
- St. Augustine Visitor Information CenterÂ exhibits, 10 W. Castillo Drive,Â 904-825-1000,Â staugustine-450.com
- Â Flagler College tours (Hotel Ponce de Leon),Â 74 King St., 904-823-3378,Â Â legacy.flagler.eduÂ
Many other local attractions offer discounted admission to St. Johns County residents and St. Augustine locals with valid ID.
Free for everyone
- San Sebastian WineryÂ (daily tours and wine tastings),Â 157 King St., 904-826-1594,Â www.sansebastianwinery.com
- St. Augustine Distillery Company,Â 112 Riberia St., in the Lincolnville section of downtown St. Augustine. Free tours and tastings.Â 904-825-4962,Â staugustinedistillery.com
- Fort Matanzas National Monument,Â 8635 A1A South,Â 904-471-0116,Â www.nps.gov/foma/
- St. Photios Chapel,Â 41 Saint George St., 904-829-8205,Â www.stphotios.com
- Pena-Peck House (donations suggested for tours),Â 143 Saint George St., 904-829-5064, penapeckhouse.com
- Father Miguel O’Reilly Museum,Â 32 Aviles St., 904-826-0750,Â www.oreillyhouse.org
- Mission Nombre de Dios Museum,Â 27 Ocean Ave., from San Marco Avenue, 904-824-2809,Â missionandshrine.org
- St. Augustine Art Association, 22 Marine St.,Â 904-824-2310,Â www.staaa.org
- Art Galleries of St. Augustine (AGOSA): An association of diverse and eclectic art galleries located in the nationâ€™s oldest city. Go to www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.org
- First Friday Art Walk, 5 to 9 p.m. the first Friday or each month in St. Augustine galleries and other locations. Complimentary trolleys on art walk route from King Street.Â www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.orgÂ orÂ www.facebook.com/ArtGalleriesOfStAugustine
- Uptown Saturday Night, 5 to 9 p.m. the last Saturday of each month in shops along San Marco Avenue in Uptown St. Augustine. FREE parking street-side in the Mission parking lot. Stay updated atÂ www.facebook.com/UptownStAugustine
- City of St. Augustine parks, 10 city-managed parks, from Project SWING near the parking garage in downtown St. Augustine … to Davenport Park with the antique carousel. ClickÂ hereÂ for the park list
- St. Johns County parks, more than 30 parks throughout St. Johns County.Â Click here for list of county parks
- Splash park and beachfront parkÂ at St. Johns CountyÂ OceanÂ Pier,Â 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach,Â www.co.st-johns.fl.us/Recreation/FishingPier
- Self-guided walking tour, www.citywalkingguide.com/staugustine
- Vilano Beach Pier & Pavilion and Sunset Celebration,Â 260 Vilano Road, Vilano Beach. The Sunset Celebration is held from 4 to 7 p.m. the first Saturday of each month.Â www.vilanobeachfl.com
- Farmers markets, there are 6Â ongoing farmers markets in St. Johns County; click here to view theÂ list of markets
- Beaches (admission is free to ALL St. Augustine and St. Johns County beaches): Find free parking and walk to the beach. There is a fee to drive and park on some beaches. Go toÂ www.sjcfl.us/Beaches
FREE SUMMER EVENTS
- FREE summer concertsÂ â€” 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the pavilion at the St. Augustine Beach Pier; and 7 p.m. Thursdays in the gazebo of the Plaza de la Constitucion in downtown St. Augustine. Click hereÂ forÂ the FREE summer event list.
- FREE summer movies â€” June-August:Â Every Wednesday at Movies by the Bay in downtown St. Augustine ; and June-August at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. Here’s the FREE summer event list. Click here for the FREE summer event list.