Did you know that St. Johns County residents with a valid ID are always admitted FREE of charge to many local attractions?
In addition, residents and visitors receive FREE admission to DOZENS of other sights, including city and county parks, art galleries, winery and distillery tours, and SO. MUCH. MORE!
Here is the list …
Free for residents with ID
- Lightner Museum, 75 King St., 904-824-2874, www.lightnermuseum.org, **FREE to St. Johns County residents on Wednesdays and Sundays (starting Jan. 8, 2018)
- The Oldest House (St. Augustine Historical Society), 14 Francis St., www.staugustinehistoricalsociety.org
- Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse, 14 Saint George St., 904-824-0192, www.oldestwoodenschoolhouse.com
- City Walks tours, part of Tour St. Augustine, (select tours are free — Black History & Civil Rights tour, Pet Walk Pup Crawl and Plaza Stroll Walking Tour), 4 Granada St., 904-825-0087, www.staugcitywalks.com
- St. Augustine Visitor Information Center exhibits, 10 W. Castillo Drive, 904-825-1000, staugustine-450.com
- Flagler College tours (Hotel Ponce de Leon), 74 King St., 904-823-3378, legacy.flagler.edu
Many other local attractions offer discounted admission to St. Johns County residents and St. Augustine locals with valid ID.
Free for everyone
- San Sebastian Winery (daily tours and wine tastings), 157 King St., 904-826-1594, www.sansebastianwinery.com
- St. Augustine Distillery Company, 112 Riberia St., in the Lincolnville section of downtown St. Augustine. Free tours and tastings. 904-825-4962, staugustinedistillery.com
- Fort Matanzas National Monument, 8635 A1A South, 904-471-0116, www.nps.gov/foma/
- St. Photios Chapel, 41 Saint George St., 904-829-8205, www.stphotios.com
- Pena-Peck House (donations suggested for tours), 143 Saint George St., 904-829-5064, penapeckhouse.com
- Father Miguel O’Reilly Museum, 32 Aviles St., 904-826-0750, www.oreillyhouse.org
- Mission Nombre de Dios Museum, 27 Ocean Ave., from San Marco Avenue, 904-824-2809, missionandshrine.org
- St. Augustine Art Association, 22 Marine St., 904-824-2310, www.staaa.org
- Art Galleries of St. Augustine (AGOSA): An association of diverse and eclectic art galleries located in the nation’s oldest city. Go to www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.org
- First Friday Art Walk, 5 to 9 p.m. the first Friday or each month in St. Augustine galleries and other locations. Complimentary trolleys on art walk route from King Street. www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.org or www.facebook.com/ArtGalleriesOfStAugustine
- Uptown Saturday Night, 5 to 9 p.m. the last Saturday of each month in shops along San Marco Avenue in Uptown St. Augustine. FREE parking street-side in the Mission parking lot. Stay updated at www.facebook.com/UptownStAugustine
- City of St. Augustine parks, 10 city-managed parks, from Project SWING near the parking garage in downtown St. Augustine … to Davenport Park with the antique carousel. Click here for the park list
- St. Johns County parks, more than 30 parks throughout St. Johns County. Click here for list of county parks
- Splash park and beachfront park at St. Johns County Ocean Pier, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach, www.co.st-johns.fl.us/Recreation/FishingPier
- Self-guided walking tour, www.citywalkingguide.com/staugustine
- Vilano Beach Pier & Pavilion, 260 Vilano Road, Vilano Beach. www.vilanobeachfl.com
- Farmers markets, there are 6 ongoing farmers markets in St. Johns County; click here to view the list of markets
- Beaches (admission is FREE to ALL St. Augustine and St. Johns County beaches): Find free parking and walk to the beach. There is a fee to drive and park on some beaches. Go to www.sjcfl.us/Beaches
FREE ONGOING EVENTS
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre Farmers Market — Free and open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Saturday at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340C A1A South. Free admission and free parking.
- The Night Market — Held from 6-9 p.m. the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340C A1A South. Free admission and free parking.
- Wednesday Pier Farmers Market — From 8 a.m. to noon every Wednesday at the St. Augustine Beach Pier parking lot, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach.
- Salt Air Farmers Market — From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday year-round at the Marineland Marina, 101 Tolstoy Lane, from A1A South, across the street from Marineland Dolphin Adventure. www.saltairfarmersmarket.com
- Nocatee Farmers Market — From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every third Saturday of the month in the Nocatee community. Free admission and parking in the Nocatee community in Ponte Vedra Beach. www.nocatee.com
- St. Augustine Flea Market — Every Saturday and Sunday at The St. Augustine Flea Market, 2495 State Road 207. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days, with free parking and admission. staugustinefleamarket.com
FREE WINTER EVENTS
- Nights of Lights — 3rd Saturday of November through February 3, 2019 — More than 3 million white lights decorate the City of St. Augustine during the holiday season.
- Beach Blast Off — The BIGGEST New Year’s Eve party in Northeast Florida!December 31 from 4 – 10 pm; Fireworks will be at 8:30 p.m. at the St. Augustine Beach Pier & Pavilion, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach. www.sabevents.com
FREE SUMMER EVENTS
- Music by the Sea FREE summer concerts — May 12-Sept. 12 — 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the pavilion at the St. Augustine Beach Pier
- Concerts in the Plaza FREE summer concerts — May 31-Aug. 30 — 7 p.m. Thursdays in the gazebo of the Plaza de la Constitucion in downtown St. Augustine.
- FREE Summer Movie Series — June 6-Aug. 1 — 7 p.m. Wednesdays this summer
- St. Augustine Music Festival features classical concerts in the Cathedral Basilica from June 21-23 and June 28-30. Get details here
- July 4th Fireworks & Free Shuttle