Did you know that St. Johns County residents with a valid ID are always admitted FREE of charge to SEVEN local attractions? In addition, residents and visitors receive FREE admission to DOZENS of other sights, including city and county parks, art galleries, winery and distillery tours, and more. Also FREE to everyone, Nights of Lights!
Here is the list …
Free for residents with ID
- Lightner Museum, 75 King St., 904-824-2874, www.lightnermuseum.org, **FREE to St. Johns County residents on Wednesdays and Sundays (starting Jan. 8, 2018)
- The Oldest House (St. Augustine Historical Society), 14 Francis St., www.staugustinehistoricalsociety.org
- Ximenez-Fatio House, 20 Aviles St., 904-829-3575, www.ximenezfatiohouse.org
- Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse, 14 Saint George St., 904-824-0192, www.oldestwoodenschoolhouse.com
- City Walks tours, part of Tour St. Augustine, (select tours are free — Black History & Civil Rights tour, Pet Walk Pup Crawl and Plaza Stroll Walking Tour), 4 Granada St., 904-825-0087, www.staugcitywalks.com
- St. Augustine Visitor Information Center exhibits, 10 W. Castillo Drive, 904-825-1000, staugustine-450.com
- Flagler College tours (Hotel Ponce de Leon), 74 King St., 904-823-3378, legacy.flagler.edu
Many other local attractions offer discounted admission to St. Johns County residents and St. Augustine locals with valid ID.
Free for everyone
- Nights of Lights: Nov. 18, 2017-Jan. 31, 2018 — More than 2 million holiday lights throughout the City of St. Augustine. Details here, including FREE shuttles
- San Sebastian Winery (daily tours and wine tastings), 157 King St., 904-826-1594, www.sansebastianwinery.com
- St. Augustine Distillery Company, 112 Riberia St., in the Lincolnville section of downtown St. Augustine. Free tours and tastings. 904-825-4962, staugustinedistillery.com
- Fort Matanzas National Monument, 8635 A1A South, 904-471-0116, www.nps.gov/foma/
- St. Photios Chapel, 41 Saint George St., 904-829-8205, www.stphotios.com
- Pena-Peck House (donations suggested for tours), 143 Saint George St., 904-829-5064, penapeckhouse.com
- Father Miguel O’Reilly Museum, 32 Aviles St., 904-826-0750, www.oreillyhouse.org
- Mission Nombre de Dios Museum, 27 Ocean Ave., from San Marco Avenue, 904-824-2809, missionandshrine.org
- St. Augustine Art Association, 22 Marine St., 904-824-2310, www.staaa.org
- Art Galleries of St. Augustine (AGOSA): An association of diverse and eclectic art galleries located in the nation’s oldest city. Go to www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.org
- First Friday Art Walk, 5 to 9 p.m. the first Friday or each month in St. Augustine galleries and other locations. Complimentary trolleys on art walk route from King Street. www.artgalleriesofstaugustine.org or www.facebook.com/ArtGalleriesOfStAugustine
- Uptown Saturday Night, 5 to 9 p.m. the last Saturday of each month in shops along San Marco Avenue in Uptown St. Augustine. FREE parking street-side in the Mission parking lot. Stay updated at www.facebook.com/UptownStAugustine
- City of St. Augustine parks, 10 city-managed parks, from Project SWING near the parking garage in downtown St. Augustine … to Davenport Park with the antique carousel. Click here for the park list
- St. Johns County parks, more than 30 parks throughout St. Johns County. Click here for list of county parks
- Splash park and beachfront park at St. Johns County Ocean Pier, 350 A1A Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach, www.co.st-johns.fl.us/Recreation/FishingPier
- Self-guided walking tour, www.citywalkingguide.com/staugustine
- Vilano Beach Pier & Pavilion, 260 Vilano Road, Vilano Beach. www.vilanobeachfl.com
- Farmers markets, there are 6 ongoing farmers markets in St. Johns County; click here to view the list of markets
- Beaches (admission is free to ALL St. Augustine and St. Johns County beaches): Find free parking and walk to the beach. There is a fee to drive and park on some beaches. Go to www.sjcfl.us/Beaches
- FREE summer concerts — 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the pavilion at the St. Augustine Beach Pier; and 7 p.m. Thursdays in the gazebo of the Plaza de la Constitucion in downtown St. Augustine.
- FREE summer movies — June-August: Every Wednesday at Movies by the Bay in downtown St. Augustine ; and June-July at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. Here’s the FREE summer event list.
- FREE summer movies — June-August: Free kid-friendly films are available at 8:30 p.m every Wednesday this summer.
- CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS ON THE FREE SUMMER FUN