SEE THE NIGHTS OF LIGHTS SCHEDULE & FREE SHUTTLES HERE
Educators recognized for commitment to the future generation of our community
The City of St. Augustine is proud to announce the 2022 Nights of Lights Light-Up! Night ceremony honorees. Light-Up! Night is Saturday, November 19, with the lighting ceremony scheduled to begin at 6:30pm in the Plaza de la Constitutión. The lighting tradition began in 2003 and involves two light switches: one for the holiday tree and the other for the canopy of oak trees lining the Plaza.
“Public school education has been foundational to the civil, political, and economic life of our country for well over 150 years. We ask so much of our public school administrators, staff, and teachers and they consistently deliver,” Mayor Tracy Upchurch commented. Upchurch continued, “They are exceptional examples of public servants who dedicate themselves to the greater good of our community. This year we are recognizing this group of public school employees who work at the schools that primarily serve our city residents. Through them, we hope to express our deepest thanks to all our school district employees.”
The following St. Johns County School District employees have been selected:
- Earl Cox, Jr., Custodian, Gaines Alternative School at the Evelyn Hamblen Center
- Colleen Lahatte, Reading Interventionist, Crookshank Elementary School
- Erin Cumpton, Fifth Grade Teacher, Ketterlinus Elementary School
- Tracy Clauson, Spanish Teacher, Sebastian Middle School
- Thomas “Wes” Miska, Algebra Teacher, St. Augustine High School
- Amanda Garman, Principal, R. B. Hunt Elementary School
For more information, visit www.CityStAug.com/LightUpNight.
In the event of any changes in the program, updates will be posted at www.CityStAug.com and on the City of St. Augustine Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/CityStAug.
Traffic updates and road closures will be posted on the St. Augustine Police Department Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/StAugPD.