More than 150 students will be part of this musical
From R. J. Murray Middle School
St. Johns County Center for the Arts at Murray Middle School presents the Murray Players in Disney’sÂ The Lion King, Jr. at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 15 at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340A A1A South, St. Augustine.
Join in the Circle of LifeÂ with over 150 SJCCA student actors, dancers, drummers and vocal ensemble as The Murray Players bring you Simba, Nala and the whole Pride Rock community in the story you know and love.
The show is directed by drama instructor JoAnn Kirby Nance, with music direction by choral instructor Frank Schmidt.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students/children, available online atÂ www.ShowTix4U.com
Music and Lyrics byÂ Elton John and Tim Rice.Â Additional Music and Lyrics byÂ Lebo M and Mark Mancina and Jay Rifkin and Will Van Dyke.Â Book byÂ Roger Allers and Irene Mecchi.Â Based on the Broadway production directed by Julie Taymor.Â Disney’sÂ The Lion King, Jr.Â is presented through special arrangements withÂ Music Theatre International.
IF YOU GO
- 7 p.m. March 15
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340 SR-A1A S
- St Augustine
- Tickets: $10 for adults, $5 for students/children
- Buy tickets:Â www.ShowTix4U.com
- Tickets also can be purchased at the door on the day of the show.
- BANZAIÂ …Â BAYLIE McCLAFFERTY ÂÂÂ
- EDÂ …Â ALEX MOWREY
- NALA …Â SHAYLA NELSON
- PUMBAAÂ …Â KYLE WORRELL
- RAFIKIÂ …Â NIYA BROWN
- SARABIÂ …Â ELLA ROMAINE
- SARAFINAÂ …Â KATARINA KNIPPENBERG
- SCARÂ …Â ALEX LAWLESS
- SHENZIÂ …Â DAIDREUNNA DONALDSON
- SIMBAÂ …Â ETHAN VENZON
- TIMONÂ …Â ISSAC TURNER
- YOUNG NALAÂ …Â KYLER UNSWORTH
- YOUNG SIMBAÂ …Â CONNOR MICKEY
- ZAZUÂ …Â MACY DYKES
- MUFASA … SPECIAL GUEST ARTIST -Â GREGORY SHEPPARD