Enjoy a crawl-style 2020 Great Chowder Debate
Participating restaurants will be serving samples of chowder for a $2 donation per sample. Save money by donating $15 for a prepaid card good for 10 chowder samples. Vote on your favorite chowder to win the “Peoples Choice Award” ($1 per vote). PURCHASE GIFT CARDS HERE or purchase cards at Big Brothers Big Sisters office from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday at 1400 Old Dixie Hwy, St. Augustine; and at Fresh Island Market on Anastasia Blvd – cash purchases only.
Those who visit the most Chowder Debate restaurants will be entered to win a drawing! There is also a prize for the wildest face mask. Post a photo on social media with the hashtag #ChowderDebate to enter.
Help BBBS of SJC keep kids connected and supported during this time of social distancing and stress. Mentoring services are essential to the lives of the children served by this organization. More details at www.bbbsstjohns.org/chowder-debate.html
- Amici’s Italian Restaurant– Minorcan Conch Chowder & New England Clam Chowder
- Beaches at Vilano– Minorcan Conch Chowder & New England Clam Chowder
- Costa Brava
- Creative Juices
- The Conch House – Minorcan Conch Chowder
- Culinary Outfitters
- Dick’s Wings, U.S. 1 South
- Fionn MaCool’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Fresh Market Island- Minorcan Clam Chowder & New England Clam Chowder
- Fried Chicken Kitchen– Non-Seafood Chowder: Fried Chicken Corn Chowder
- Raintree Restaurant– Seafood Chowder- Lobster Bisque
- Salt Life Food Shack– New England Clam Chowder & Seafood Chowder
- Schooner’s Seafood House
- Seafood Kitchen
- St. Augustine Seafood Company
How it will work:
- Chowder enthusiasts will be encouraged to visit participating restaurants November 1 – November 30, 2020 to taste that restaurant’s entered Chowder.
- There will be 4 competition categories. They are: Minorcan Conch or Clam, New England Clam, Seafood Chowder, Non-Seafood Chowder.
- Chowder enthusiasts will sample Chowder at participating restaurants by either donating on-site for $2 per sample OR by using a donating on-line for a pre-paid Chowder card (10 samples for $15). All sample proceeds will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Johns County (BBBS).
- Chowder enthusiasts can vote on their favorite to win the “People’s Choice” Award at $1 per vote. All voting proceeds will benefit BBBS.
- Chowder enthusiasts can enter contests for “Most Restaurants Visited” and “Wildest Face Mask” and be entered into a drawing by posting pictures online with #ChowderDebate.
- Chowder enthusiasts will be able to purchase Special Edition “2020 Progressive Chowder Debate-Crawl Style” t-shirts online. Proceeds will benefit BBBS.
- Winners will be announced via live stream on the Conch House and BBBS of SJC Facebook pages on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 (time TBA).
- Event details including a list of participating restaurants and how to purchase pre-paid cards, People’s Choice votes and t-shirts will be available on the BBBS website: www.bbbsstjohns.org/chowder-debate.For more information, visit www.bbbsstjohns.org/chowder-debate or call 904- 829-3295.