Photo above shows Pasture Morning by Paul Coleman, on view in The 200th Anniversary Photography Exhibition titled “From River to Ocean.” Details below.
St. Augustine, FL — Continuing the celebration of St. Johns County’s 200th anniversary in July 2021, the St. Johns County Public Library System, in partnership with the St. Johns Cultural Council and Flagler College, is hosting the St. Johns County: Then, Now, and the Future educational symposium.
The program will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 17, in Flagler College Auditorium, 14 Granada St., downtown St. Augustine. Admission is free. Refreshments will be served.
The following symposium speakers will be joining us in celebrating 200 years of St. Johns County:
• Dr. Thomas Graham – Professor Emeritus at Flagler College
• Gayle Phillips – Executive Director of the Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center
• Dr. Ann Browning Masters – author and historian
• Christina Parrish Stone – Executive Director of the St. Johns Cultural Council
With a focus on St. Johns County’s past, present, and future, these four influential members of the community will discuss the historical, cultural, revolutionary, and vast background of one of Florida’s first two counties. Local musician Sam Pacetti will perform music representing the past 200 years.
ST. JOHNS COUNTY PHOTO EXHIBIT
An opening reception for The 200th Anniversary Photography Exhibition titled “From River to Ocean” will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 19 at the St. Johns County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View. Live music by the House Cats. Refreshments will be served.
Local photographers submitted photography depicting five districts throughout St. Johns County and photos were chosen by a panel to be part of this exhibit. A total of 24 photographers were chosen, with 44 photographs on view in this display. Admission is free to the opening reception and to view the artwork daily during regular hours, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. The 200th Anniversary Photography Exhibition will run through January 3, 2022.
IF YOU GO
St. Johns County: Then, Now, and the Future Symposium
- Saturday, July 17, 2021 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Lewis Auditorium at Flagler College, 14 Granada St, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Refreshments will be served. Live music by Sam Pacetti.
The 200th Anniversary Photography Exhibition — Opening Reception
- Monday, July 19, 2021 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Refreshments will be served. Live music by The House Cats