Students in the Theater Program at St. Johns County Center for the Arts will stage Hedda Gabler (by Henrik Ibsen) at St. Augustine High School. Directed by Mike Beaman, this is new translation by Patrick Marber.
Recently married and mourning the loss of her father, Hedda feels trapped. Hedda longs for the freedom and career of her husband, Jorgen. Left at home with only her father’s pistols and the ne’er do well Judge Brack to entertain her, Hedda is left to her own devices. Hedda’s boredom turns to vengeance when she learns that her childhood schoolmate, Thea, has become romantically and professionally entangled with Hedda’s old summer flame, Eilert. Feeling increasingly trapped, Hedda gets desperate.
Written by Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen in 1891, Hedda Gabler remains thrilling and topical to this day. The second most produced playwright behind Shakespeare, Ibsen is known as the father of modern drama. His works has had a tremendous impact on the theatrical world as we know it.
- Wednesday, November 13 at 7 pm
- Thursday, November 14 at 7 pm
- Saturday November 16 at 7 pm
- Sunday, November 17 at 3 pm****No Friday Performance*******
- $8 for Students
- $12 for General Admission
- Tickets available at the door and on eventbrite.com
Please be advised this production contains mature themes about suicide and assault. Recommended for High School and up.
- Hedda Tessman – Alex Mowrey
- Jorgen Tessman – Tyler Wankowski
- Thea Elvsted – Madison Mintzer
- Judge Brack – Cal Knippenberg
- Eilert Lovgorg – Quinn Cot
- Aunt Juliana – Skyla Stephens
- Berte- Mia Hammon
- Olivia Bradshaw – Stage Manager
- Kyler Unsworth – Assistant Stage Manager
- Eily Jones
- Juliette Andrews
- Katarina Knippenberg
- Savanna Tanner
- Sara Hanzl
- Logan Baxa
- Will Gooden
- Xavier Haines
- Jacob Little
- Ella Romaine