Live Music on New Year’s Eve
Thursday, Dec. 31
- Milltop Tavern
- Tradewinds Tropical Lounge
- Ann O’Malley’s Deli & Pub – Mike Johnson and Brad Burns from 9 p.m. to 1 p.m., free champagne toast at midnight
- Beaches at Vilano
- Colonial Oak Music Park – St. Augustine Seafood Company — Latin band Baba Caiman
- Murray Bros Caddy Shack at World Golf Village – DJ Bill Jones
- European Village in Palm Coast – St. Augustine band Chillula
- Prohibition Kitchen – Trae Pierce & the T-Stones (see more details about this event below)
- Grape and Grain, Jacksonville – Ramona + the RIOT
- The Bar with No Name – CoCanna (band)
- Odd Birds Bar – The Space Heaters
Restaurants open on New Year’s Eve
Thursday, Dec. 31
- Amici Italian Restaurant – 4 p.m to midnight
- The Ice Plant – special New Year’s Eve seatings and menu
- King’s Head British Pub – special New Year’s Eve event held outdoors and inside – British New Year’s Eve toast at 7 p.m.
- St. Augustine Seafood Company
- Michael’s St. Augustine
- Odd Birds Bar – two seatings for New Year’s Eve menu
- Columbia Restaurant
- Raintree Restaurant
- A1A Aleworks
- Beaches at Vilano
- Meehan’s on Matanzas
- Harry’s Seafood
- Barley Republic
- Scarlett O’Hara’s
- Salt Life Food Shack
- Sunset Grille
JSL New Year’s Eve Midnight Masquerade
Dec. 31: Usher in the new year at an outdoor event hosted by the Junior Service League of St. Augustine. A New Year’s Eve Midnight Masquerade will be held from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. December 31 on the outdoor deck of St. Augustine Fish House & Oyster Company — an exclusive preview event for this newly-renovated restaurant, the former location of Creekside Dinery, at 160 Nix Boat Yard Road, St. Augustine. The New Year’s Eve Midnight Masquerade will include an open bar, live music by popular band The Paper City Hustlers, heavy appetizers and desserts (served individually and plated for safety), a s’mores bar, and a Vannagram & Co. photo booth.
Tickets are $125 per guest and all proceeds go to help area nonprofits supported by the Junior Service League of St. Augustine. Each year, JSL provides funding for St. Augustine organizations such as the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, Kids Bridge, Tag! Children’s Museum, and others. Tickets can be purchased at jslofstaugustine.org/about/
Prohibition Kitchen Presents RIP 2020, Our NYE Farewell Celebration
Dec. 31: Prohibition Kitchen, 119 Saint George St., will had a New Year’s Eve celebration on December 31 from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. with Live Music, Special Guests, World Renown Arial Athlete, Jason Span of Bitter Sweet Studios, Champaign Toast for all at Midnight! Limited Tickets are Available! $30 in advance, and $40 at the door. 21+ for entry with valid ID. Contact the venue at Events@pkstaug.com for VIP table reservations and info. Get tickets online here
Stand-up Comedians at Jackie Knight’s Comedy Club
Jan. 1-2 and other January dates: Opening in January 2021 after having been closed since mid-March, Jackie Knight’s Comedy Club will host stand-up comedians on the stage at Gypsy Cab Corner Bar, 830 Anastasia Blvd., on Anastasia Island. Friday shows will begin at 8:30 p.m., and Saturday shows will start at 9 p.m. each weekend through January.
“I’m happy that the laughter will return,” said Jackie Knight, who has offered stand-up comedy shows in St. Augustine for more than 20 years.
On Jan. 1-2, headliner Johnny Mac and opener Nathan Wallace will take the stage. On Jan. 8-9, Tommy Torres headlines, with Cristy B opening, Open Mic Night is Jan. 15, and Doug Canney headlines with opener Harry Stover on Jan. 16. On Jan. 22-23, Danny Johnson headlines with Matt Watts opening. On Jan. 29-20, Danny Niblock headlines with opener Kevin Loftis.
For reservations, call 904-461-8843. More details at www.thegypsycomedyclub.com
Nights of Lights
Daily through Jan. 31, 2021: The City of St. Augustine glows with more than 3 million white lights during the 27th annual Nights of Lights — an event that was recognized by National Geographic as one of the Top 10 light displays in the world. The lights come on at sunset every evening. There are many options for viewing the lights, including driving through in your own vehicle (we recommend weeknights, and in January, for less traffic congestion). From trolley rides, by helicopter, on boat tours, horse & carriage rides, pub crawls, and food tours — see the city in many ways, all lit up during the holiday season. More details at nightsoflights.com
Elkton’s Bright Lights Drive-Thru at Sykes Family Farm
Daily through Jan 2: Sykes Family Farm, 5995 Brough Rd., Elkton, FL 32033, offers a drive thru light display with thousands of gorgeous lights and farm equipment decorated for the holidays. The light show is approximately 3/4 of a mile long with two tunnels and thousands of lights. Ticket purchases include unlimited laps around per night.
From November 28, 2020 through January 2, 2021 from Thursday-Sunday, experience the lights from 6-9:30 p.m. every Thursday and Sunday; and from 6-10:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Admission is $20 per car/truck/van with up to 7 people. Tickets can be purchased online at sycofarms.com/elktons-bright-nights. No refunds, as tickets are valid for the entire season.
Very Merry Nights of Lights Scavenger Hunt
Nights of Lights Sailing Excursions
Holiday Heist at the Ximenez-Fatio House Museum
City Gate Spirits FREE tastings
Daily: City Gate Spirits, located on historic Saint George Street in downtown St. Augustine, has launched the first two flavors of their long-awaited whiskey line — Smoked Maple and Cinnamon. The brand-new whiskey offerings complement their existing line of easy-sipping spirits — including rum, vodka, and moonshine — inspired by Florida’s most memorable flavors. City Gate Spirits recently celebrated their first anniversary in October 2020. As distillers bring the spirits to life, visitors are invited to observe the distilling process and participate in daily free tastings hosted by friendly “Spirit Guides.” City Gates Spirits is open seven days a week and is located at 11 St. George Street, St. Augustine, Florida. Visit www.CityGateSpirits.com or call 904-454-8006.
Sabrage Custom Catamaran Charters
Daily: Sail under the Bridge of Lions at sunset, catch a one-of-a-kind view of the Nights of Lights, or look for dolphins along the Intracoastal with Sabrage Charters in St. Augustine, Florida. Guests will take an adventure on a 63-foot Custom Cooper Catamaran equipped with high-end finishes, spacious decks, and comfortable seating.
Sabrage specializes in daily excursions for individuals and group charter events including Sunset Cruise, Eco Cruise, Wine Tasting Cruise, private events and a Nights of Lights Cruise.
Nights of Lights runs each evening through January 31, 2021 in historic St. Augustine, Florida, and has been listed among the top ten holiday light displays in the world by National Geographic.
ABOUT SABRAGE CHARTERS: Sabrage Charters offers a variety of water excursions along the San Sebastian, Matanzas, and Tolomato Rivers in downtown St. Augustine and Vilano Beach. Docked at 117 Dockside Drive, St. Augustine, and currently picking up passengers at the dock in front of Culinary Outfitters, 173 Shipyard Way, Sabrage Charters hosts excursions seven days a week and in accordance with CDC guidelines, is operating at 50 percent capacity and thoroughly cleaning the boat between each trip. To learn more or to book a trip, visit www.sabragestaugustine.
Nights of Lights Attractions open on New Year’s Eve Day
Nights of Lights in St. Augustine, Florida has been listed among the top ten holiday light displays in the world by National Geographic. During Nights of Lights from November 14, 2020 through January 31, 2021, St. Augustine glows with holiday magic – from the ground to the rooftops! During this festive season, St. Augustine attractions offer special tours, events, and activities for visitors, with daytime and nighttime options. See the list below:
- Authentic Old Jail, 167 San Marco Ave, 904-829-3800
- Castillo de San Marcos, 1 Castillo Dr, 904-829-6506
- Colonial Quarter, 14 S Castillo Dr, 904-825-6830
- Fiesta Falls Miniature Golf, 818 A1A Beach Blvd, 904-461-5571
- Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, 11 Magnolia Ave, 904-829-3168
- Ghost Tours of St. Augustine, 4 Granada St, 904-829-1122
- Lightner Museum, 75 King St, 904-824-2874
- Marineland Dolphin Adventure, 9600 Oceanshore Blvd, 904-471-1111
- Oldest House Museum Complex, 14 Saint Francis St, 904-824-2872
- Oldest Store Museum, 167 San Marco Ave, 904-829-3800
- Oldest Wooden School House, 14 Saint George St, 904-824-0192
- Potter’s Wax Museum, 31 Orange St, 904-829-3800
- Red Train Tours, 170 San Marco Ave, 904-829-6545
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!,19 San Marco Ave, 904-824-1606
- San Sebastian Winery, 157 King St, 904-826-1594
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum, 3 Aviles St, 904-342-7730
- The Spice & Tea Exchange, 59 Hypolita St & 167 San Marco Ave, 904-904-824-3337
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park, 999 Anastasia Blvd, 904-824-3337
- St. Augustine Aquarium, 2045 FL-16, 904-429-9777
- St. Augustine Distillery, 112 Riberia St, 904-825-4963
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, 81 Lighthouse Ave, 904-829-0745
- St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum, 12 S. Castillo Dr, 904-819-1444
- Villa Zorayda Museum, 83 King St, 904-829-9887
- Whetstone Chocolates, 139 King St, 904-217-0275
- World Golf Hall of Fame, 1 World Golf Place, 904-940-4123
- Ximenez-Fatio House Museum, 20 Aviles St, 904-829-3575
- Florida Water Tours, 107 Yacht Club Dr, 904-827-7728
- St. Augustine Sailing, 3076 Harbor Dr, 904-829-0648
- St. Augustine Scenic Cruise, 111 Avenida Menendez, 904- 824-1806 ext 210
- Old Town Trolley Tours*, 167 San Marco Ave, 904-829-3800
- Ripley’s Santa’s Red Express*,19 San Marco Ave, 904-824-1606
*Reservations must be made in advance due to Covid-19 safety precautions.
- Carriage Way Inn, 70 Cuna St, 904-829-2467
- Doubletree by Hilton, 116 San Marco Ave, 904-825-1923
- The Kenwood Inn, 38 Marine St, 904-824-2116
- St. Francis Inn, 279 St George St, 904-824-6068
- TRYP by Wyndham Sebastian, 333 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, 904-209-5580