Looking for the perfect getaway spot in St. Augustine? St. Francis Inn offers a historic stay in the Nation’s Oldest City — complete with dining, attractions, and a huge list of amenities — a complete package!
Just steps away from St. Augustine landmarks such as the Castillo de San Marcos, the Bridge of Lions, Lightner Museum, Flagler College (Henry Flagler’s former Ponce de Leon Hotel), this bed and breakfast inn has been recognized as the No. 1 Best Hotel in St. Augustine on USA Today’s “10 Best.”
According to writer Shelley Preston “As the United States’ oldest city, places to stay in St. Augustine are full of old-world charm. The city’s bed and breakfasts generally give an authentic feel for the place as they are usually in historic homes and filled with antique furnishings. We picked some options that are historically cool, but come with comfy modern amenities.”
Dating back to 1791, The St Francis Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places. Over the years, the Inn has been continuously renovated and redesigned to fit the needs of today’s traveler. Its lodging offerings also now include the historic Wilson House right across the street.
Rooms and Suites are completely updated and renovated, offering 17 choices which include whirlpool tubs, private balconies, and there’s even a 2-bedroom cottage. See rooms and details at www.stfrancisinn.com/rooms-suites/
… and the FREE guest amenities are AMAZING:
- Breakfast Buffet daily
- Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays
- Complimentary Evening Social Hour, held from 5 to 6 p.m. daily in the dining room or in the courtyard, allows a delightful opportunity to meet other guests. Enjoy a different specialty appetizer daily, such as an Antipasto Tray with homemade Crostini, or Zesty Hummus with House Baked Pita Chips. Assorted bottled wines and mixed drinks and cocktails, including ones made using the local St. Augustine Distillery Gin and Vodka, as well as the signature St. Francis Sunset, are available for purchase.
- Evening Desserts, homemade at the Inn, are offered nightly from 8 to 9:30 p.m. The variety ranges from tall layered cakes to fresh fruit pies and crisps, from rich brownies to chewy bars, from tall ice cream sundaes to chocolate fondue. During the Twelve Days of Christmas, the chef’s creativity echoes the theme, with specialties like Poached Pears with spiced wine sauce and vanilla ice cream, or a Turtle Dove Cheesecake with caramel, pecans, and Dove chocolate.
- Specialty coffee bar, offered from 7:30 a.m. to noon daily
- An afternoon at the beach: Inn guests are invited to enjoy a visit to nearby St. Augustine Beach. We’ll set you up with beach towels, beach chairs, off-street parking, a shower and other comforts for a lazy day on the beach or for walking part of the 14 miles of beautiful sandy beach. Speak with the innkeeper to make arrangements.
- The Inn’s swimming pool is a private hideaway — great for cooling off on a hot day. The pool water is temperature-controlled for maximum swimming comfort every month of the year, maintaining a temperature of about 80°F.
- Make-your-own S’mores have become one of the most popular free guest amenities at St. Francis Inn! Gather ’round the courtyard gas fire pit between 8 to 8:30 p.m. nightly (weather permitting) and savor the graham cracker, marshmallow and melted chocolate bar concoction.
- Exercise equipment and fitness DVDs for your complimentary use. Guests also have complimentary access to a state-of-the-art health and fitness center. Anastasia Fitness Club is just a short drive onto Anastasia Island. Please speak with the innkeeper to obtain your pass and directions.
- Tesla Model S and other electric cars can now recharge during their stay. Two complimentary Tesla/electric vehicle charging stations and designated parking spaces are located in the Inn’s private parking lot.
- Complimentary fresh flowers and a sherry decanter and snifters greet guests in their room or suite upon arrival.
- High speed wireless internet
- Complimentary bicycles
- Private complimentary Guest Parking
- A complimentary Night-Time Snack Basket of chips, crackers, and snack bars is left for hungry guests in the lobby after the front desk closes at night.
- Guests have complimentary admission to the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum plus discounts on purchases in the gift shops.
- Enjoy a 50% discount on admission to the nearby Oldest House Museum – one of St. Augustine’s finest treasures of local history.
St. Francis Inn also offers many special deals and packages, including the Dressing Downton Special (see details below), which includes tickets to the incredible exhibit at Lightner Museum, on view through Jan. 7, 2018. The Light Up Your Life special includes complimentary trolley tours of the Nights of Lights, described by National Geographic as one of the “Top 10 Places to See Holiday Lights” in the world!
“Dressing Downton™” Special
As our midweek guest for two nights (Sunday thru Thursday) from October 4, 2017, to January 7, 2018, celebrate the phenomenal Dressing Downton™ Exhibition during its final stop, at St. Augustine’s Lightner Museum. The Exhibition highlights fashion from the widely acclaimed TV drama, Downton Abbey®.
Your 2-night, 3-day stay with the Dressing Downton™ Special, a $60 value, at no extra cost to you, includes:
• Two “Golden” Admission Tickets to the Dressing Downton™ Exhibition, with entry at any hour of the date on the ticket. This awesome exhibition includes 36 costumes with jewelry and accessories, reflecting changing times from 1912 to the mid-1920s, displayed in the fabulous Gilded Age museum among vignettes of turn-of-the-century art and furniture.
• Exhibition tickets include general admission to the entire Lightner Museum, the former posh Alcazar Hotel, home to one of the best collections of 19th century fine and decorative art in the U.S., built in 1888 by railroad tycoon Henry Flagler
• Keepsake Tin of specially blended premium Downton Abbey® Tea
• Fine Chocolate from Cadbury, a British company which has produced delicious specialty chocolate treats for nearly 200 years
The Lightner Museum is the only stop for Dressing Downton™ in Southeastern US, and perhaps the best of all its stops! Learn more about this Exhibition, the Lightner Museum, and other related events.
Casa de Suenos
Casa de Suenos is the sister inn to St. Francis Inn, located in the historic district of St. Augustine, and has free guest parking on site — considered a luxury in the midst of the Old City! The location makes driving unnecessary. Many restaurants, attractions, and historic sights are within walking distance, and it is along the trolley path. Get more details at www.casadesuenos.com